Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of The Sussex Martlets will be held on Monday 7 March 2016 commencing at 7.00pm at The Long Room, The Sussex County Ground, Eaton Road, Hove, BN3 3AN. Those attending should remember to obtain a parking permit on arrival. The meeting will be followed by supper to which all attending are invited. The following business will be discussed:
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the 2015 Annual General Meeting
- Matters arising from the 2015 minutes
- Committee Reports:
- a) Chairman’s Report
- b) Cricket Report
- c) Junior Martlets Report
- d) General Purposes Report
- e) Golfing Society Report
- To approve the accounts for the Year Ending 31st December 2015
- To elect Officers and other Committee Members for 2016:
- Fixtures Secretary
- Chairman of Cricket sub-committee
- Chairman of General Purposes sub-committee
- Other committee members retiring after serving their term
- Other committee members duly proposed
- To elect Vice-Presidents
- To elect Honorary Members
- To consider any other business without formal resolution
Hon Secretary 1 February 2016
- All members of the Club shall be entitled to attend the Annual General Meeting.
- All members, other than Honorary Members, shall be entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- The quorum for the Annual General Meeting shall be seven.
- All resolutions at the Annual General Meeting shall be decided by a simple majority of those present and voting in person.
- Any member wishing to make a resolution or proposal for consideration at the Annual General Meeting should do so in writing to the Secretary at least 28 days prior to the date of the Annual General Meeting.